RDB005: Divorce-Proof Your Marriage with Dr. Psych Mom
In this episode I talk to Dr. Samantha Rodman, aka “Dr. Psych Mom”. I love her approach to relationships, her tone in her articles, and her overall honest appeal, and I think you will too.
Dr. Rodman is a clinical psychologist originally from Brooklyn, NY and now practices in Maryland. She attended Columbia University for her BA and UMD College Park for her PhD. Her first book, How to Talk to Kids About Your Divorce, is available at all major bookstores. Her second book, 52 Emails To Transform Your Marriage, will be published by New Harbinger in Fall 2016.
Listen in as we talk about:
- steps you can take to divorce-proof your marriage before you get married
- how to handle difficult in-laws or family members on either side
- how to use technology to effectively communicate with family and others who are a part of your wedding, when emotions are running high
- things you can do to keep your relationship healthy from NOW
- why couples counseling is a great choice during wedding planning (even when there are no “issues” in your relationship!)
- “empathic ruptures” in your relationship: what they are, how to recognize them, and what to do about them
- how to empathize with difficult people during the wedding planning process
- ways to alleviate pressure of wedding planning
Dr. Rodman lives with her family (husband, two daughters, one son, and a nine year old deaf rescue dog) in Maryland. She enjoys reading, running, decorating, and cooking.
LISTEN NOW: Divorce-Proof Your Marriage with Dr. Psych Mom
- Dr. Rodman’s book, How to Talk to Your Kids About Divorce
- Her Huffington Post Weddings article, “My Husband Says I’m Not His Mom So He Doesn’t Have to Do Anything for Me On Mother’s Day”
- Follow Dr. Psych Mom on Twitter @DrPsychMom and on Facebook.
- The book, The Real-Deal Bridal Bible
- Wedding Day Style with Pro Stylist Rayne Parvis - February 13, 2018
- Bare Naked Bravery with Emily Ann Peterson - January 15, 2018
- Elopements and Tiny Weddings with Charity Parrish - August 28, 2017
- Getting Dressed for a Wedding with Bernadette Maulion - August 1, 2017
- Why Your Wedding is Not About You (and What to Do About It) - July 14, 2017
- RDB012: Thrifty Weddings with Pros Kacie and Sara Kay of CLT Wedding Flea - June 4, 2017
- RDB011: Entertainment Talk with Andy Kushner - May 23, 2017
- 11 Great Tips for Budgeting for the Big Day - March 16, 2017
- RDB010: Celebrity Fitness Trainer Vinnie Tortorich - February 16, 2017
- Single on Valentine’s Day? This One’s For You - February 14, 2017